For where two or three gather together because they are mine, I will be right there among them.”
Only a miracle can close the hole in her heart. (the doctor’s words).
- During a routine ultrasound at 20 weeks gestation, we found out that our baby had a significant heart problem.
- The pediatric cardiologist confirmed, after more testing, that the baby would be born with Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD) and Arterial Septal Defect (ASD).
- The defect was too large to repair on it’s on. Open heart surgery would be necessary at 4 months of age. “Only a miracle could close the hole in her heart”, the doctor said.
- The Lord brought us to His feet to trust that He would work a miracle.
- We prayed a lot – personally, at church with our brothers and sisters in Christ, and most importantly, fasted often for Victoria’s healing.
- Ultrasounds were scheduled every two weeks to ensure that the baby was not developing further complications.
- On December 9th, Victoria Puerto was born. Five neonatal doctors were present at the birth. According to the specialists, Victoria would have been born in critical condition and have required Intensive Care for many weeks after birth, however, Victoria was born in excellent condition and none of that was required.
- Four weeks after birth, more tests were done with a specialist who expected Victoria to present symptoms of heart failure, but there were no symptoms at all.
- Seven weeks after birth, doctors were again sure that certain symptoms would present, but Victoria continued to thrive.
- At 8 weeks after birth, an echocardiogram showed that Victoria Puerto would not have any symptoms, because she had been healed!
The doctor called it something “special, unique and rare all at once”. She could not explain why, after when open heart surgery had been absolutely required, it was no longer necessary.
We give all glory and honour to our Lord Jesus because He was merciful in healing our daughter.
There is no doubt that the Lord has given us the Victory! (Victoria is the Spanish term for “Victory”)